Subject: [Leica] Rights to Olympic Photos
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 19:17:40 -0400

Let them try.
The threat is they have expensive lawyers who are litigation prone - will
jump on anything.
I was told most of the practice of law was threats.  Threatening Letters
etc.  I also here that that was the main way Meyer Lansky and Lucky Luciano
etc exerted their power. A few well chosen words spoken in an undertone.
Photographers have not had to make sure someone's logo's or photo's or shop
windows with supposed copyrights are not anywhere in their pictures they get
represented by the ASMP and other such groups or their own lawyers. Free
speech and freedom of the press and freedom of expression has done real well
litigation wise in this country as well as many other country's. Even some
you wouldn't think.
Let them make their threats I'll be interested in how many photographers
actually get slowed down by this I'm guessing it will be few.

In this country there are two places you can't shoot pictures.
A national bank or a military base.
Other than those two places you shoot it you got it.
We'll see if the Brits embarrass themselves or not. I'm hoping they won't
and thinking they won't.
I do every week get an email magazine from the British Journal of
Photography. And very few issues go by without news of the cops there
pouncing on photographers its a bit worse there than in a few other places
like here. But I think the Brits will come through in the end and not
embarrass themselves they are determined to have this London experience be a
triumph and I'm am very pro London.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography