Subject: [Leica] Another shot across the S2 Bow... H4D-31
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 10:45:49 -0700

First off, the images shown are truly beautiful and the pet shots are
great.... .   but........

Doug.. assuming you had more  patience than I, what 2 different tasks did
you ascertain from the comments?  I sort of get the feeling that there is a
portrait combo and a walk around the town combo...  but even after reading
(?)  5 pages out of 13, I can not figure out which is better for what....

I don't know why anyone would compare images in 2 shots, done with 2
different scenes, from JPG files, of size 600x9000 pixels, from different
users.  I won't mention different lenses...of different focal lengths....

No less make comments on comparative quality.

No less spend $30-50 Grand based upon those kinds of comparisons.....

And let's not forget that a techie comparison has no room for comments
like...
Nice composition
Beautiful light
Wonderful hair
Pretty girl
Etc.

What the pages I read smack of is... "If you use this camera, your images
will be as wonderful as these"....  which of course, is pure rubbish....but
some of the respondents are actually making buying decisions based upon both
the images as well as the comments....

That's the problem ... someone has to take the time to actually use proper
scientific technique.

BTW, I did pick up that there are Hassy V series to S2 lens adapters.... A
proper test  would end the sensor comparison wars... same lens, different
sensor....

Oh for the days of Modern Photography and their mind numbing testing..... or
Erwin Puts....who at least it pretty anal about using scientific technique
in his testing.

BTW, anyone wonder why Erwin has not done this comparison?

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net