Subject: [Leica] Another shot across the S2 Bow... H4D-31
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 08:30:35 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Frank Filippone wrote:

I went looking for a comparison study of these 2 fine cameras and their
lenses and their outputs.  Could not find something that was really done
objectively or on equal terms.
<<<

It's not entirely objective, but there's a thread on GetDPI.com's forum
where a wide variety of S2 users - professional and amateur - are showing
what kind of photos they're making with the S2.  One (who appears to be
thoughtful, intelligent and as skilled with words as he is with images) is
using the S2 along with his Hasselblad digital system, and he's using them
for different tasks.  It seems to me that comparing them on equal terms is a
non sequitur.  IMHO it's best to figure out what tasks you're likely to
demand of the camera, then choose the tool best suited to the job.  Either
one will produce outstanding results when used where it's at its best.

The thread (it's long and pixel-intensive) is at
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21559

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com