Subject: [Leica] Another shot across the S2 Bow... H4D-31
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 13:39:31 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Frank Filippone wrote:

>Doug.. assuming you had more  patience than I, what 2 different tasks did
>you ascertain from the comments?  I sort of get the feeling that there is a
>portrait combo and a walk around the town combo...  but even after reading
>(?)  5 pages out of 13, I can not figure out which is better for what....
>
>I don't know why anyone would compare images in 2 shots, done with 2
>different scenes, from JPG files, of size 600x9000 pixels, from different
>users.  I won't mention different lenses...of different focal lengths....

The GetDPI thread isn't about technical comparisons.  The S2 and the H4D-31
can both make photos with excellent technical quality.  The thread is about
context: long hikes in the mountains, rugby or rafting action, getting
drenched in a rain/snow storm, etc.  It's also about how the users feel
about the camera, stuff thats not easy to put in a graph or a table of
numbers.

One thing I'm reading from that thread is that it's a camera that people
enjoy using, the one they're more likely (vs. a cube camera) to have with
them when out walking.  Can't quantify that.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] Another shot across the S2 Bow... H4D-31)