Subject: [Leica] Another shot across the S2 Bow... H4D-31
From: richard at (Richard Man)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 14:20:48 -0700

I think technically, we exceed what most people would NEED a long time ago
for prints 20x24 or smaller.

I plan to do a lot of hiking around in ~a month. I am thinking that an XPan
with a tripod is what I will take. It's a small setup that I can climb to
places that I can't go with anything heavier...

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 1:39 PM, Doug Herr <wildlightphoto at>wrote:

> The GetDPI thread isn't about technical comparisons.  The S2 and the H4D-31
> can both make photos with excellent technical quality.  The thread is about
> context: long hikes in the mountains, rugby or rafting action, getting
> drenched in a rain/snow storm, etc.  It's also about how the users feel
> about the camera, stuff thats not easy to put in a graph or a table of
> numbers.
> One thing I'm reading from that thread is that it's a camera that people
> enjoy using, the one they're more likely (vs. a cube camera) to have with
> them when out walking.  Can't quantify that.
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento

// richard <>
// icc blog: <>