Subject: [Leica] Leica X1: now glasses
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (J. Newell)
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 18:15:26 +0000 (UTC)

...and the effect increases with the degree of correction(s). Nevertheless,
I prefer "progressives" (or would we say "varifocal" on this list?), but
this is a real YMMV issue. Personally, I don't like using glasses at all
with cameras because you get one or more of (1) incomplete FOV, (2)
scratched lenses and/or (3) dirty lenses. I am still using dioptric
correction on the cameras and living without correction for astignatism but,
again, YMMV. The only really good solution is perfect vision, which for some
implies getting younger and for others never existed anyway. <sigh>

John