Subject: [Leica] Sony cleans up; takes no prisoners.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 05:40:41 -0400

> With the GF-1 I struggle to see the screen clearly in bright daylight. This
> has made using Leica lenses on the thing a waste of time. With the 20mm I
> can
> rely on the AF and there's enough definition for an overall composition,
> with
> an M lens it's a lottery whether the subject is in focus or not - and that
> includes when the magnifier is used.
>
> Also the performance with wider lenses is poor at the edge of the frame.
> There's a lot of quality drop off. This is with a 1.5 sensor, so I would
> expect anything larger to be even worse unless it uses a system of
> micro-lenses as in the M8/9.
>
> I accept my experience may not be typical.
>
> Steve
>
> On 27 May 2010, at 07:24, Frank Dernie wrote:
>
>> For me it is useless since it has no viewfinder, tried that for a week or
>> two
>> - hated it. Any camera with no viewfinder limits its use to people moving
>> up
>> from a mobile phone or P&S.
>> They may not be disappointed.

I really don't know how many pro jobs have been done  or will be done with
Micro Four Thirds Design format but I know that tons ahve been done and
still will be done with 1.5 crop. And  I'm betting as far as serious pro
photography goes 2x crop is very nitch. A chip off the old nitch.
An M8 or 9 or 6 or 7 are pro cameras worth of the highest work.
4/3's are toys.
So it doesn't matter if you cant see the view finder.
Anyway the camera is going to  get the picture in focus anyway why do you
need to see the viewfinder so clearly? Just point it at what you like and
take a whole bunch of pictures  and look at them later. You'll get one.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner