Subject: [Leica] Sony cleans up; takes no prisoners.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 05:20:01 -0400

> Wow Mark, apart from some very specific uses I dislike the look of lenses
> wider than 35mm. If there are any people in the frame anyway...
> I still consider a 50 to be normal, and find I use 35 mostly. Wider than
> that
> I use once in a blue moon.
> Frank

They do look like they'd work out for video with the big front heavy optics.
And lots of people even like that for stills. Always have.
As Sony design goes they are not gorgeous I agree.
It is what it is. A pocketable 1.5 not 2x crop camera with interchangeable
lenes made by Sony for I'd guess to be a competitive price. That kind of
thing gets my attention. I so a lot of shooting with a 1.5 camrea which I
have to take aspirin for my wrist when I get home. A Nikon D200.
The NEX which fits in small pocket could make comparable images.
To me that's big news.
And I'm looking forward to getting into video.  And I don't have any video
capacities at all.

Build a website nowadays they want some video in there somewhere.
I guess talking Rabs head at some point.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner