Subject: [Leica] Acer Aspire One with CS4 vs Capture NX 2
From: zoeica at mac.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 10:46:30 -0500

Right, Nikon NX has the software built in to detect what lens you are
using and what corrections need to be made. I'm told LR3 will have
this once it passes the Beta stage as well. I would assume if LR will
have it so will CS5. You can download a lens profile program from
Adobe for free right now.

Chris Williams
www.zoeicaimages.net
www.rebirthworkshops.com
504-231-6261

On May 13, 2010, at 10:30 AM, James Laird wrote:

> Yea I noticed NX2 was slow, but I thought maybe it was the demo
> version slowing it up. I considered it because I use mostly Nikon
> lenses and it will correct lens abberations, but I've heard CS5 is
> supposed to do that now?
>
> Jim
>
> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 9:52 AM, Gerry Walden <gwpics at me.com> wrote:
>> Capture NX2 is a very difficult program to get to grips with in my
>> opinion (and most others feel the same) especially if you have any
>> reasonable volume to handle as it is VERY slow and not very
>> ituitive. And Abobe CS5 is already available for download and
>> purchase. I know which way I would jump.
>>
>> Gerry
>>
>> Gerry Walden LRPS
>> +44 (0)23 8046 3076 (Office)
>> +44 (0)797 287 7932 (Mobile)
>> Web: www.gwpics.com
>> Blog: www.gerrywalden.wordpress.com
>>

>> On 13 May 2010, at 15:48, James Laird wrote:
>>
>>> I have an Acer Aspire One which I plan to use on a trip soon. With
>>> the
>>> 600 pixel height screen ADR with CS4 will work, sort of. You can't