Subject: [Leica] Any S2 experiences?
From: john.nebel at csdco.com (John Nebel)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 18:08:38 -0600

Philippe,

Rabs put it this way: "it's a medium format camera in a 35mm package.
Delight in
its deceptiveness."

S2 has an f/2.5 lens vs the M's f/1.4 (or f/1.0 or even f/.95) and is slower
due
to the larger image circle.  The S2 sensor is 45x30mm and the M's is 36x24mm.

Maybe it is not correct, but I was thinking of a projector as an analog,
move it
farther from the screen and the image is bigger, but darker. Twice the
diagonal
size, 1/4 the brightness as the lamp has to illuminate the equivalent of
four of
the original images.  Makes me think of the Meno.

John