Subject: [Leica] Beware HCB Wannabes
From: passaro.vince at gmail.com (Vince Passaro)
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:57:23 -0400

Rabs --
<<...thorns such as this fellow can ultimately make matters worse for the
rest of us>> does have a rather unmistakeable mid-century German tang to it,
don't it? (No offense to the Germans by the way. Not just a good period for
them...)

I know what you mean about the other. It's always clear what you mean.
You're about the last person on the list I'd ever filter out. But I've been
on the LUG almost a year by the way though silent during first half --
trying to learn a few things -- and this description:

<<the  new post Shutterbug photo enthusiasts...
think their obsession with eBay equals an obsession with photography. If
they knew a fraction as much about image crafting was they did about the ins
and outs of PayPal special  accounts and not getting ripped off in the
postage systems they'd put all the hard core photo enthusiasts out of
business. There is a real honest surprise when they find you  expect them to
go outside with their cameras and click a few and make a print or at least
craft an jpeg before it  goes on the block for sale to somebody else. >>

just doesn't fit anybody I've in any regular way seen on the list.  Maybe
from the prior eleven years but not the one I've been on for.

That Olivetti line, well, ouch. If you're ever playing around on e-Bay
yourself, you should check out the Olivetti Lettera. It's the M3 of manual
typewriters.

Here's a picture taken from the bus on 125th St taken with a Bessa R2
(bought from KEH) and a Summicron Rigid (I) 50mm.  I got the latter from
e-Bay. When I decided to start studying photography again I was bowled over
that the once astronomically unaffordable could be found on e-Bay for mere
pennies on the original dollar. And I was happy.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/toast+eatin_+bog+man/125th+Street/17040038.JPG.html