Subject: [Leica] more on the GF-1, the finder, and a portrait of an artist
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 10:43:40 -0800

I agree, Dick. The differences are indeed there,
and I use both. The G1 is more versatile, and has
that great EVF. The GF1's EVF is not nearly as
good, is slightly more awkward in use and
appearance, and I don't use it with the camera
more than 10% of the time. Mostly I use the C/V
minifinder, which is tiny and works great with
the 20mm lens. You still have the option of using
the back LCD at any time when you want to check
data before a shot, but I don't have any problem
ignoring the LCD and just looking through the
viewfinder.

I don't think I'd want to forego the G1 if I
intend to use zooms at all. Also for macro the
articulated screen is great. On the other hand,
the GF1 with the 20 and a viewfinder is a very
nice package in itself.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design