Subject: [Leica] 28mm Summicron + M8 on Auto = Overexposure?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 00:01:09 -0400

BTW, I think it was Tina that said she always underexposed, then expanded
> the image using LR.
>
> Frank Filippone
> red735i at earthlink.net

It's true, I used to do this and underexpose by 1/3 stop, but after
reading lots of reviews and trying some experimenting myself, I've
decided that it's better to slightly overexpose, if anything.  With
digital, it's better to recover the highlights than the shadows. Trying
to add details to an underexposed shadow exposes lots of noise.  So I've
gone back to 0, my shots look slightly overexposed at first but
highlights can be recovered in LR.

YMMV!

Tina
www.tinamanley.com