Subject: [Leica] New Found Recognition
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 23:50:25 -0400

Greg Lorenzo wrote:
> 2). Next to an LHSA function, or Lugger's dinner, I've never had so many
> people recognize a Leica camera (and want to have one) in my 10 years of
> using Leica's. Even the kids at this show seemed to know the camera and
> want a closer look.
>

> WRT point 2 above it seems Leica is now doing things right.
>

> Greg Lorenzo

Isn't it absolutely amazing?!!  I've had at least 10 people come up to
me on the street in NYC asking about my M9.  My husband is worried that
they know how much it costs and want to rob me, but I'm convinced that
they have heard about the M9 and are curious.  In any case, nobody has
tried to rob me yet!  A whole family came up to our table in the Golden
Unicorn where we were eating dim sum and one woman translated for
everybody else asking questions about resolution and focusing.  Several
Germans approached me as we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge and said
they were surprised to see an M9 in the USA already.  They had Lumix's
now and had used Leica film cameras before.  I think everybody is ready
for the M9!

Tina
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] New Found Recognition)