Subject: [Leica] LCD Protector for M9
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 11:22:41 +1000

Vick my Giottos definitely only attaches by a narrow edge (~1mm) of 3M
double sided tape around the periphery. I have never tried to take it off.
I've read reports of people trying to remove protectors with heat too and
one where the actual LCD cover came off in that circumstance. Very possibly
that original is bonded with a UV cured glue?
By the way I just found (and ordered) these again from a seller on the Bay.
The Giottos one costs more than the GGS one however it is of twelve layers
instead of four and has a claimed light transmission of 98% vs. ~90% for the
other.
I think that there was more than one version of protector marketed under the
Giottos brand (a 'pro' design and a cheaper one)

--
Cheers
Geoff

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/