Subject: [Leica] LCD Protector for M9
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 20:22:29 -0400

Greg,

I did use a Giotto screen, as recommended to you and was quite happy
with it, on my first M8.  But I sold that M8.  The Giotto sticks to the
entire surface of the LCD, and reportedly needs heat to remove.

On my second M8, I had trouble finding the Giotto screen, so I got the
cheap LCD protector sheets that you get at Shopper's Drug Mart, or
Black's Camera, and carefully cut the rectangle out, and stuck it on my
M8.  The first one wasn't perfect, and the corner kept lifting.  I put
on a second sheet, and it's been perfect since, even after months of usage.

I did buy the ZAGG LCD protector
(http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/camera/leica)  buy haven't
installed it, since the el-cheapo screen is working just fine.

....Vick

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] LCD Protector for M9)