Subject: [Leica] Epson 3800 broken again
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 15:44:03 -0400

Reminds me of an M2 I bought used many years ago. The film advance was
jammed. The seller and I both expected an expensive repair. I bought it
discounted with that expectation. While getting into my car I dropped
the camera accidentally onto the floorboard. I thought I might have
increased the cost of repair. Instead, when I got home I was surprised
to find that the film advanced worked. I opened the back and a small
piece of chewed up looking film dropped to the ground. I don't know if
that's what was causing the film advance to bind, or it the jolt jarred
it loose, or what. But I never did send the camera in for repairs and it
served me a number of years. It's the only time I ever dropped a camera
and had a positive result.

Dave R