Subject: [Leica] Epson 3800 broken again
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 15:52:23 -0700

I got my Epson 3800 back from the repair shop today. The nearest repair
place that is authorized to do warranty repairs is in Santa Cruz, about 75km
from my house. (I suppose this is to be expected, since I live in a
backwards place that doesn't have a lot of demand for tech or tech services).

The repair shop basically couldn't find anything wrong with it. It worked. I
brought it home. It worked.

My theory is that a 75km ride over bumpy roads caused enough vibration to
shake loose some small item, perhaps a shard of paper, that was blocking
some sensor or some paper path.

I think that next time it stops working (and it will; I am sure of that) I
will just toss it in my trunk and drive around for a while, then hook it up
again.

Now it's time to print.

Replies: Reply from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] Epson 3800 broken again)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Epson 3800 broken again)