Subject: [Leica] was iso 100.000+?? now photo quotes
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 15:40:39 -0400

>>My favorite quote from either Winogrand or Freidlander is:

" I photograph things to see what things look like photographed"  when
asked why he was a photographer.<<

Interesting. I never heard that before. But there's something to it.

I wonder what those guys would think about digital photography. The
gestation period of a digital image is about a second. Compare that to
whichever one of the above had 60,000 undeveloped images in his estate.

There's something to be said for having to wait to see what a photograph
looks like. Imagine if the gestation period for humans was one day
instead of nine months. I'm guessing it would take some anticipation
caused excitement out of the delivery. But there's also such a thing as
waiting too long.

I've still got a couple of rolls of BW film that I shot in the 70's but
are still undeveloped. They're my own personal time capsules.

Dave R

Replies: Reply from charcot at comcast.net (charcot) ([Leica] was iso 100.000+?? now photo quotes)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] was iso 100.000+?? now photo quotes)