Subject: [Leica] speaking of cars violently OT
From: dennis at hale-pohaku.net (Dennis)
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 22:09:12 -1000

You should have driven the Europa Special. Lotus addressed the anemic
Renault engine by putting in the Lotus engine used in the Elan. The
Europa Special had the "Big Valve" engine rated at 126 HP.

In the US, at least, it used the Stromberg carbs that Frank mentioned.

The Renault engine was used for some tax or common market reason to
allow Lotus to sell a car on the continent at a better price.

Dennis