Subject: [Leica] Picture of the Year Controversy
From: nod at bouncing.org (Philip Clarke)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 23:05:05 +0100

He almost certainly "shoots to the right" (I believe this is the
expression used to indicate over-exposing and using the RAW headroom),
the point being that in a raw alone competition he would certainly have
lost. I think that the portfolio images are better representative of the
grime and dirt under blue skies although the over-saturation of the
other colours in the pictures are too much IMO as it gives an impression
of people trying to add a splash of colour (be it on a wall or a chair
or item of clothing) to improve their lot (and that I have seen). If
there is to be grime, it should be well represented and realistic, but
without the attractive aspects.

Philip.