Subject: [Leica] VoigVoigtlander 28mm Question
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 02:07:24 -0400

When shooting an event if my 35 went out leaving me only with a 28 I'd just
go home.
People just don't appreatate being turned into little midgets with a 28
They ask for their money back
But a 35 you get a break and you can do it.

The 35 with a Hassy or 6x6 is a 60
A 28 is a 50
Nominally not exactly.

You get a ton more mileage out of a 60.

On a 35mm camera I call a 35 the "bring home the shot" lens.
You can do most things with just that one lens and leave all your other
glass at home.
A 28 is an extreme effect.
Less so with a Leica M lens which seems much more well corrected for
distortion than the run of the mill glass for the mass.
If you shoot people it has to be from the waist up or they are made into
dwarves. Dwarves are very nice people too of course. They don't want to be
made to look much smaller than they really are either.

Mark William Rabiner