Subject: [Leica] VoigVoigtlander 28mm Question
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 08:08:04 -0400

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 2:07 AM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
wrote:
> If you shoot people it has to be from the waist up or they are made into
> dwarves. Dwarves are very nice people too of course. They don't want to be
> made to look much smaller than they really are either.

I agree.  But that kind of shot is exactly why I like 28.  I can
interact with people from a normal distance and take pictures at the
same time.  The framing tends to be waist up-ish of a person
interacting with others or their environment.  Perfect for the kind of
photos I like.  A 35mm would have worked here:
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/tgray1/3224765829/>
but I would have been a step or two back from where I was actually
standing at the time, interacting with my brother.  Which is doable, I
just find that 28 fits my style a lot better than 35.

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] VoigVoigtlander 28mm Question)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] VoigVoigtlander 28mm Question)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] VoigVoigtlander 28mm Question)