Subject: [Leica] Nokton 35/1.2 Lens, loose screws
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 21:17:17 -0400

Ken Carney wrote:
> Tina,
>
> Don't know about loose screws, but: do you deem this lens worthy of an M8?
Yes, up until the screws fell out, I thought this was a great lens.
I've been using it as a Noctilux substitute on the M8 since it is about
a 50/1.2.  Even after having my Noctilux coded and matched to my M8, I
still couldn't get it to focus like I could on the film Ms so I gave up
and got the Nokton.  It was probably my most used lens for a few months
until the screw problem.  I was really looking forward to taking it to
Peru.  I'm sure I would have used it a lot.  I also have the CV 12mm and
used that often.  I have no problem with the files from the CV lenses,
only with the possible build problems.

If I were you, I'd get the lenses I could afford for the M8 now and save
up for Leica lenses later, but I would never get a d700 or 5D instead of
the M8!  You would regret that in the long run.  I've never bought a
Leica lens that I regretted buying and I have regretted every Leica lens
I've ever sold.

Good luck!

Tina
www.tinamanley.com