Subject: [Leica] Erwin reviews new Summilux
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Jan 30 14:54:47 2009

Richard I think this is intelligent marketing by Leica to their market
section. Of course they are in no way competing with Nikon or dSLRs..
Also Leica offers 2 current 21s, 3x 24's and 4x 50's so there are options
there within the M system.
Each of those 3 new super lenses was widely rquested by Leica enthusiasts.
You only need to look at the demand for the old Noctis to see that the new
lens is highly desirable for some people and I bet they will sell all they
can produce.