Subject: [Leica] Help! Too much volume on the LUG
From: alcedo at verizon.net (Jan Decher)
Date: Fri Jan 16 17:02:31 2009

======You wrote:

....."One thing I don't often do is come on a list and criticize the whole
thing

for not being what I want them to be; for not living up to my expectations

like they're on this planet to entertain me. I get around doing."

Mark William Rabiner

====================

As a scientist and evolutionary biologist I do believe in peer review
and incremental improvement based on criticism and "natural selection"
of improved kinds/behaviors [notice the off-topic-bait ;-) ] - so the
quote above was kind of a sad statement to me.

I appreciate the many positive comments on my frustration with the LUG
- some off list.? Looks like there is much to learn about managing
an unwieldy list with the right kind of software.

Otherwise I will stick to the Rollei Users Group as I have done for 10
years or so (great job, Marc!) which has much less volume and does
tolerate the occasional Leica or Zeiss gear question.... ;-)

As for Leicas in cold weather and the right gloves, I could use some
advice.? My woolen US Army surplus gloves didn't quite work this
morning at minus 20 F.? Something thinner is needed that lets you
feel the controls better but still retains body heat and can slip into
warmer mittens when done handling the camera...

Thanks,

Jan

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Help! Too much volume on the LUG)
Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Help! Too much volume on the LUG)