Subject: [Leica] Help! Too much volume on the LUG
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Fri Jan 16 07:47:11 2009

Jan,
   There are scores of gear-head lists you can join and be utterly bored
by.  The LUG is a community of several hundred people. Many of us have been
here for years.  The better way to look at the lug is on Gmail rather than
the digest.   Then you can select what you want and delete the rest.

This list covers all kinds of cameras, and lots of people showing pictures
from everything from Holga to 8x10 view cameras.  The knowledge spread
through here is remarkable.

The reason there is so much traffic about the M8 is that many of us use it,
and there are some technical issues we share information on.

As to the affordabilty of a camera, most of us who use an M8, choose it
because it allows us to use our M lenses on a digital camera. Just this
morning I shot pictures with my 1958 21mm super Angulon mounted on my M8.

 The price of it in my case was about the same as my two M7's, one for fast
film and one for slow ISO.  Now one camera does the trick of both.  So, it
is all in the way you look at it.

By the way, I shoot also with an MDa, and soon I'll have my new to me Leica
CL back.

--
Regards,

Sonny