Subject: [Leica] TED GRANT! Was, that pesky 2/58 Biotar
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Dec 17 17:34:46 2008

Marc James Small asked:

>>> Ted. it really is time to come clean.  When you got the shot of Trudeau
going down the banister, however did you keep from scorching him with the
flash powder?  Enquiring minds want to know!<<<<

My dear Marc,

Unfortunately I had just come in the building from a somewhat terrible
downpour, therefore my ?flash powder? had been soaked and failed to ignite
at the precise moment. Which caused me great concern. The secondary heart
rate was quite amazing.  Scary somewhat!

However in merely a blink, I quickly fetched M6 to the good eye, you know
the one that still has vision! Focused rapidly and clicked one frame using
merely the available light through a side wall window.

My good fortune that day was, I had said my morning prayers early, so the
Great Spirit looked kindly upon me and favored me with the award winning
snap! :-) Seemed a just payment for saying early prayers, very early. :-)
:-)

Oh and the wet flash powder? It ignited the next warm dry day causing a
great panic of a terrorist attack from lower Slobovia! ;-) Now that became
quite a story in itself, obviously for another quiet day! :-)

Cheers,

ted