Subject: [Leica] OT: Quick LR2 tip? How to import?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun Dec 14 17:01:52 2008

There is no limitation on the number of catalogs that I could find.  Yes, it
sorts across multiple catalogs.

I do not know about performance...... with lots of folders.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Tina you are doing what I had envisaged, but with one slight difference. I'm
"hoping" to keep all images in one catelog so I can search the lot. Can LR
search multiple catelogs, and do you know if there are severe performance
penalties after a certain size? I'm up to 42000 images in my archive
catelog now, and it may be a good time to think differently