Subject: [Leica] OT: Quick LR2 tip? How to import?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Dec 14 17:13:19 2008

At 07:58 PM 12/14/2008, you wrote:
>Tina you are doing what I had envisaged, but with one slight
>difference. I'm "hoping" to keep all images in one catelog so I can
>search the lot. Can LR search multiple catelogs, and do you know if
>there are severe performance penalties after a certain size? I'm up
>to 42000 images in my archive  catelog now, and it may be a good
>time to think differently
>
>Cheers

Hi, Alastair -

You can certainly keep all of your images in one catalog.  LR forums
say people have well over 100,000 images in one catalog with no
problems.  I separate mine by years for my convenience, not LR's.  LR
can search multiple catalogs.  In Library, you would just highlight
all of the catalogs that you want to search.  If you find that your
catalog seems to be slowing down, just go to Edit > Catalog Settings
and click on Optimize and Relaunch.  It speeds things up dramatically.

Don't worry.  42,000 is far from the limit, if there is one!

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] OT: Quick LR2 tip? How to import?)