Subject: [Leica] M8 upgrade - 90 Cron APO focusing problems now Question????
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sat Dec 13 11:09:46 2008

Question.  I am not an M user, but am curious.  How can this be?  How can a
lens focus properly on a film camera but not on the digital M?  If this
happened with every lens, I could understand that - something out of whack
with the camera.  But if other lenses that worked on a film camera also work
on the digital M, why would one lens behave this way?

Aram, the curious R user.

> Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 12:27:41 +0800
> From: H&ECummer <cummer@netvigator.com>
> Subject: [Leica] M8 upgrade - 90 Cron APO focusing problems
> To: lug@leica-users.org
>
> Hello Luggers,
> I have been having a dialogue with Schmidt (the local Leica
> distributor) about getting my 90mm Summicron APO to focus properly on
> my M8. Despite adjustments to the lens it still back focuses wide open
> in the close range.
> Trying another tact I decided to go for the M8 upgrade to the
> viewfinder, and that led in a cascade to the new shutter upgrade and
> in a what the hell attitude I also opted for the scratch resistant
> LCD. I now have the camera back and my 90 Cron is no better matched
> than before the upgrade and adjustment. Lux lenses focus fine as
> before.

Checked by AVG.
6:59 PM

Replies: Reply from leica at web-options.com (Bob W) ([Leica] M8 upgrade - 90 Cron APO focusing problems now Question????)