Subject: [Leica] Friday Fungus
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sat Dec 13 08:21:51 2008

Well, more like a hybrid as it is a lichen.

Also, more on my experiments using PS4's DOF blending.  First photo in each
series is f-22 or thereabouts, and the second is a blend of either 10 or 7
photos.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/lichens_f22-0012.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/5ozpfo
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/lichens-0001-Edit.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/6zn5rw

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/lichens_f22-0014.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/5zp9j3
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/lichens_composite_7_frames.jpg.ht
ml
http://tinyurl.com/5zebgf

Notice, when stopped down, the background is much sharper, and perhaps less
appealing, then when making the composite, which retains the soft out of
focus background due to the larger f-stop of each photo (in this case
f-5.6).  That possibility was brought up by someone when I posted a previous
sample, but I had not tried a comparison between stopping down and blending.

Photos taken with Rebel XTi and 100/2.8 APO.

Comments welcome.

Aram

Checked by AVG.
9:02 AM