Subject: [Leica] RD-1 (AGAIN) or G1? now WTB: RD-1
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Fri Dec 12 09:16:24 2008

I never sold my RD1 when I got my M8 but I haven't used it since. I would
say it was an adequate backup to the M8.
The G1 is a completely different animal. I played with one at Photokina and
the viewfinder was better, certainly bigger, than I had expected. The chip
is quite a bit smaller than the RD1 though so the crop is more. I have not
seen any results from one. My RD1 benefits from the Leica lenses, one of my
favourite photographs was taken with it.
cheers,
Frank