Subject: [Leica] Bad news at Leica
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat Dec 6 07:50:31 2008

But Frank there _still_ is no sensor technology available suitable for
a FF rangefinder. R10 soon I hope, but a FF rangefinder requires new
technology which, if it turns out to be expensive, will probably never
be developed since the market for it would be tiny and I suspect even
Leica customers may find $500,000 per unit to cover R&D a bit steep.
Let us hope there is a new sensor developed for a high volume
application which just happens to be suitable for use with rangefinder
lenses - then we will be OK.