Subject: [Leica] Bad news at Leica
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat Dec 6 09:33:32 2008

I do not necessarily agree with this.....    Since I do not live in the R+D
department of the Kodak labs.....

It could be that a compromise sensor, could be used with certain WA
lenses...... and not others... aided by pre-distortion anti-vignetting SW to
produce a good image.  It coule be that we are limited to lenses longer than
24mm.... I don't know.  Personally, either would be acceptable to me rather
than a smaller sensor.

Remember that "in the beginning", Leica lenses topped out at 21  mm..... And
with the exception of the SA, the Elmarits are all pretty good distance from
rear of the lens to the FP.

I have never seen a WATE to judge that lens at all... but again, it is
possible it would work with a FF sensor.

It is the nasty guys at Cosina that started all the WA ruckus......   God
bless their souls!

Agreed with your last comment.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

But Frank there _still_ is no sensor technology available suitable for
a FF rangefinder. .........................

Let us hope there is a new sensor developed for a high volume
application which just happens to be suitable for use with rangefinder
lenses - then we will be OK.

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Bad news at Leica)
Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Bad news at Leica)
Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Bad news at Leica)