Subject: [Leica] Does Leica actually want to sell cameras?
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sat Nov 22 17:17:05 2008

Years and years ago, I thought I would begin scanning 35mm film.  The
Polaroid scanner seemed like a good pick, but I had questions. So, I called
Polaroid and asked where a local dealer might be.  Response, I'm sorry but
we cannot give that information.  Distributor information was available,
although I explained that I was not wanting to start a retail business.  I
called the distributor, about 300 miles away, and got a phone recording and
never a call back.  So, I called Polaroid again and asked for one of the
engineers for a technical question.  He said, oh yeah, I wondered about that
and did a test and here are the results...I asked about my previous
question, and he said yes, they are pretty guarded about the distribution
chain.  I guess the rest is history.  I finally decided that is where
Dilbert works.  Or worked.

Ken