Subject: [Leica] printer profiling
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun Nov 23 17:36:21 2008

I started to add OT, but surely not for a photo group.  I am investigating
getting my own print profiling gear, instead of using custom profiles or a
proprietary rip.  The Spyder3 Studio from Datacolor offers a
spectrocolorimeter for prints as well as the Spyder3 for monitors.  I see
you can select from a 225 patch target or a 729 patch target.  The price is
certainly right - $600 for both.  I am using the (original) Spyder Pro for
monitors, and ImagePrint rip up only through the 2200 printers.  It seems
attractive to make my own profile for any printer or paper.

So, has anyone in this rarified group used the Spyder3 Studio, or have an
alternate idea? I know the sky is the limit with automated systems.  Many
thanks!

Ken

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] printer profiling)