Subject: [Leica] OT: monitor color gamut
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Wed Nov 19 17:32:33 2008

Geoff,

Thanks.  I had a feeling that the prints were the "true" image (in this case
they were digital images enhanced with Alien Skin Exposure - GAF 500 warm
filter).  The image without the filter applied printed as a match to the
monitor.  With the filter applied, the print was much more warm and
wide-range than the monitor.  That must be where the monitor ran out of
gamut.  I think.  I have a feeling this is going to cost me, but at least I
will be patriotically stimulating what is left of the economy.

Ken