Subject: [Leica] "Life" Magazine photo archive hosted by Google
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Nov 18 16:51:03 2008

Great to see that Google has picked this up though. It used to be available
from the Life site in the same format before the magazine's demise. Have you
got some spare time and a scanner, maybe you can offer to archive their negs
for them. Just put aside the next century or so. ;-)
I recall that National Geographic published many years of magazines as DVD
sets. However the content ended up being scanned magazine pages only with no
searchability at all. Not quite what people may like.
People are largely not prepared to pay for access to any of this content
either of course.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/
Pick up your camera and make the best photo you can.