Subject: [Leica] "Life" Magazine photo archive hosted by Google
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Nov 18 17:06:13 2008

At 07:50 PM 11/18/2008, you wrote:
>I recall that National Geographic published many years of magazines as DVD
>sets. However the content ended up being scanned magazine pages only with no
>searchability at all. Not quite what people may like.
>
>Cheers
>Geoff

And NG has been sued by photographers for publishing their photos on
the DVD without permission.

http://www.asmp.org/commerce/legal_article_007.php

This decision has been appealed with support from ASMP and is up
before the courts again.

Tina

PS:  National Geographic used a photo of mine on the internet without
permission.  I challenged them, through my stock agency, and they
paid me for past internet usage, conditional on removing the
photo.  It's been over a year and the photo is still up on their site.

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] "Life" Magazine photo archive hosted by Google)
Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] "Life" Magazine photo archive hosted by Google)
Message from lew1716 at optonline.net (Lew) ([Leica] "Life" Magazine photo archive hosted by Google)
Message from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] "Life" Magazine photo archive hosted by Google)