Subject: [Leica] "Life" Magazine photo archive hosted by Google
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Tue Nov 18 17:28:31 2008

It appears that the Migrant Mother image is a scan of a print.  In the
negative there is a thumb in the lower right-hand side that was airbrushed
out for printing.  You can download a high-res (50mb or so) scan of the
original neg from the LOC site, including the rebate.  Along with Walker
Evans, Gordon Parks and other FSA photographers.  I have printed many of
them and plan a depression era exhibit for my office, so timely now.  There
is no copyright since the images were U.S. funded.  The download for the
famous Arthur Rothstein dust storm photo was about 250mb - it must have been
from a large print.

Ken