Subject: [Leica] Golf club life
From: kenlass at gate.net (Ken Lassiter)
Date: Mon Nov 10 14:08:22 2008

Nathan wrote:

Good thing the golf club has liability insurance:

http://www.greatpix.eu/gallery/4253606_netUM#414262401_9fHd6-O-LB

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan, I live on a golf course in Boynton Beach, Florida. Behind my house
is the first fairway for the gold course. After we moved here, we began
experiencing broken windows like you just had. Fortunately, we have 4-mil
mylar film attached to the insides of all our windows to block UV and
protect the windows. A golf ball will break a window but the ball and no
glass chips will come into the house. This was especially important when a
golf ball broke a bedroom window. We would have never gotten all the glass
chips our of the carpet. But the film worked.

I have since installed clear Lexan polycarbonate sheets over all the windows
facing the golf course. Now when we get a hit, we hear the bump but no marks
are left.

A side benefit of the mylar film is to block 98% of UV radiation to
virtually eliminate fading of my print collection and well as make the
furniture last longer. This is really important here in South Florida where
the tropical sun can be vicious and we have sun almost every day of the year!

Is mylar window film available in Spain?

Best regards.... Ken Lassiter

Replies: Reply from dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella) ([Leica] Golf club life)
Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) (OT RE: [Leica] Golf club life)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Golf club life)