Subject: [Leica] Getting into printing.. need advice?
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun Sep 7 11:57:23 2008

If you have a community darkroom that keeps reasonably fresh chemistry and
aligned enlargers, that would be $20 well spent.  Most of them I have seen
are really poor, with banged-up equipment, stale chemistry, "safelights"
that fog the paper and so on.  The ventilation is important.  A couple of
other things.  I would use really good gloves.  It may seem harmless to dunk
your hands in print fixer, but it contains dissolved silver.  Or print
tongs.  Also, you will save a lot of time if you use a full sheet of paper
for your test strips - then you can see what is going on better.

Best of luck,

Ken