Subject: [Leica] A mini-digital M (!)?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Aug 5 19:16:21 2008

That is a fascinating development, Richard. It raises a LOT of questions in
my mind.
Will Mark Rabiner want to buy one ;-)
When will practical cameras and a range of lenses actually appear?
How will it affect the existing four thirds sales?
How will the adaptor work with existing lenses? Theoretically if should be
negative 20mm thick!! ;-)
How do they deal with the change in angles with the shorter flange to sensor
distance?
After all, the lesser angle is toted as a virtue in the current cameras.
The shorter distance was already seen to be difficult to overcome for sensor
design for the M8.
Another reason while Photokina should be really, really interesting this
year. I wish I could go.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e