Subject: [Leica] A mini-digital M (!)?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Aug 5 19:37:17 2008

If some of the modern designs now of pocket point and shoots using CCD's the
sized of super 8 film came out with one in a 4/3's I'd be interested in one.
For going places when I'm not so able to carry a side bag.
There's one out now already the sigma I think. Despite a bunch of misleading
marketing making you think it's a 1.5 crop.

If I'm able to carry side bag I'd have a D40x with a 45mm pancake in it at
least.
But I'm not going to shoot a super 8 sized sensor.
I would shoot a 4/3's though.
In a pinch.
A tight pinch.
Like in my jacket pocket.

I'm just not going tot think its a "replacement" for a 1.5 crop circle
system. The bodies are all still way too big. And the lenes also are.
With a format half the size.
A big system with a small format.
Not for me. Some day they'll get around to making more money by downsizing
the designs. By then I'll be shooting a down sized 36x24mm CCD system.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner