Subject: [Leica] Hybrid Photography
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Tue Jul 29 07:18:36 2008

Dan,
Yep, this has been my workflow for a few years now, except I do my own
scanning.  Still haven't conceded the B&W inkjet printing thing.  I guess
if I have to abandon my darkroom I'll have no choice.

At 07:25 AM 7/29/2008, you wrote:
>Dear LUGgers
>
>Of late I have been souping B&W films in 4 year old Agfa Rodinal developer
>and am surprised that this brew is actually quite stable in extended
>storage. That's only the start of the story.
>
>After developing, I sent my film to the local lab for scanning as they
>provide a scanning-to-digital service. At the end of the day, I received a
>nice CD containing all the  jpeg images (TIFF too on special request) at a
>resolution that will enable me to manipulate, adjust and print on my inkjet
>printer. The CD is neatly packaged in a hard cover envelope with an indexed
>printout of all the images contained in the CD.
>
>They also provided me with a contact sheet to include with my filed film.
>This means that I now have an analog film that will stand the test of time
>and print in the traditional darkroom whenever I have the opportunity.
>
>As this lab scans with the same lens used for their professional print
>production, I am assured of the best possible image capture. Their charge
>for the service is, IMO, very reasonable.
>
>The best part is that my digital images now reflect the characteristics of
>films and their 3-D look.
>
>Dan K.

Chris Saganich, M.S.
Senior Physicist, Office of Health Physics
New York Presbyterian Hospital
chs2018@med.cornell.edu
http://intranet.med.cornell.edu/research/health_phys/
Ph. 212.746.6964