Subject: [Leica] Hybrid Photography
From: dankhong at gmail.com (Dan Khong)
Date: Tue Jul 29 04:25:54 2008

Dear LUGgers

Of late I have been souping B&W films in 4 year old Agfa Rodinal developer
and am surprised that this brew is actually quite stable in extended
storage. That's only the start of the story.

After developing, I sent my film to the local lab for scanning as they
provide a scanning-to-digital service. At the end of the day, I received a
nice CD containing all the  jpeg images (TIFF too on special request) at a
resolution that will enable me to manipulate, adjust and print on my inkjet
printer. The CD is neatly packaged in a hard cover envelope with an indexed
printout of all the images contained in the CD.

They also provided me with a contact sheet to include with my filed film.
This means that I now have an analog film that will stand the test of time
and print in the traditional darkroom whenever I have the opportunity.

As this lab scans with the same lens used for their professional print
production, I am assured of the best possible image capture. Their charge
for the service is, IMO, very reasonable.

The best part is that my digital images now reflect the characteristics of
films and their 3-D look.

Dan K.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Hybrid Photography)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan) ([Leica] Hybrid Photography)