Subject: OT Was RE: [Leica] M8 and the WAR now Nikon compared to Leica value
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Jun 12 02:31:42 2008

Jayanand we're well adrift from the original post now, I guess.
I don't collect. I do like to use and own modern Leica M lenses plus I've
had several film bodies. I understand what you've said regarding bang for
buck. My personal experience buying some items in excellent condition and a
couple new and then selling or trading some items to finance new gear has
been positive. Retention of value has been a practical benefit for me since
I wish and choose to use Leica M. You certainly have to spend a lot more to
acquire the M lenses. Buying carefully, for me they are worth it. Some items
have re-sold for more than the purchase prices. Just as well, when I lust
after new ones. Wait until you see the images from my new APO 75! Woohoo!
Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/