Subject: [Leica] M8 and the WAR
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Jun 11 23:34:05 2008

Hi Jayanand, I thought we might hear from you when I mentioned Nikon vs.
Leica ;-) The key word in my comments was RETENTION of value, being new
price vs. current price. Once you've paid for those M lenses they can work
for you and remain valuable for a very long time. Yes, you can buy a lot of
used Nikon manual gear cheaply now for a rugged film outfit.
Actually it is an interesting thread with a number of different issues being
talked about, especially the performance of all digital cameras mentioned
compared to the more rugged designs of pro film cameras.
This week a story was related to me regarding a war photographer who is
living here now. I got to see a proof run of prints of photographs by him
during the Vietnam conflict. Evidently he survived an exploding grenade when
shrapnel struck his Leica camera while he was holding it to his face.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/