Subject: [Leica] How does that tricky little chip attach?
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Tue May 20 09:45:55 2008

Good Afternoon Jim:

Here's some quicky photos showing the AF chip in use with a Takumar
screw-mount lens.

<http://www.half-fast.com/K-mount-to-Olympus-with-Sm-to-k-insert/>
   or: http://tinyurl.com/3wfcz8

1) Chip mounted in the K-mount to Olympus adapter with SM-K insert
2) Insert mounted in front of adapter
3) Adapter, (with insert) mounted on lens
4) Pin shown, (barely) under the chip

There's a slight clearance between pin and chip but even with a longer
pin, it depresses with so little resistance that there isn't a problem.

Gluing the chip flush with the edge will provide more clearance.

Here's some info, section D, regarding setting the focal length of a non
Oly AF lens in order to get optimum IS results:
http://www.tagotech.com/pic/chip_prg.html

Jim